Be On The Lookout for Stolen bonsai in Japan...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That is so awful, those trees were irreplaceable :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I don’t understand stealing something like this. Without a major alteration you are never going to display this tree to bonsai people. It is like stealing the Mona Lisa. Yeah, you have it but you can never let people see and appreciate it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah. I remember someone sole an unusual dark blue boat-shaped pot from a club auction. I wanted it, but the friend I brought with me wanted it so I stopped bidding on it and she won it. When the auction was over it had disappeared. I made sure everybody in the club knew that I was on the lookout for that pot, thus ,making everybody I spoke to also on the lookout. The upshot is that now you got the pot, crook, but you can never, ever use it. If anybody sees it, they'll know you for what you are! The net gain to the bad guy is something they have to hide.

The big shooter trees are even worse. People who would pay the piper for such merchandise would only do that to show off the trees. A ticket to the big house for the seller...

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
A terrible thing... :(

Ask a Question