Basil disease prone?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm wondering if, in your experience, you find basil especially prone to disease? I had always been under the impression it was one of the easier herbs to grow, not zero effort of course, but pretty minimal and not prone to disease- but now I'm hearing that it actually has a lot of disease tendency? What are your thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually I have sprouted three basil plants from seed. These seeds were from another basil plant. Anyway the basil plants are doing great and having no problems with them. They should at least be in good soil though. However out of the three, one is starting to die. I think this is from too many plants in one pot though. Overall I wouldn't say they are disease prone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Basing on my own experience, I can say that basil isn't prone to diseases. All herbs are easy to grow:)
However, I know that my boyfriend tried to grow basil once and his plant died after a week or so:(

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the answers :) I'm glad to hear that they don't seem to be too problematic overall. I don't have a natural green thumb necessarily, so hopefully mine don't die within a week, lol.

Ask a Question