basil and mint problem

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello! How are you doing all? Today I am coming to ask you question about how you take care about your plants? I mean indoor plants, because that's what I am growing and what I am interested in. Especially, plants that I have are herbs and with two of them I have got a big problem. It is not the first time when I had to bought a basil and a mint, because of the fact that they are simply withering. I don't know what I do wrong, because I water them everyday and they are placed in sunny place (it is the west side). Maybe you have some tips? Maybe I too much water them?

Gardening Girl

This is my garden several years back.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This is a tough one. Don't take offense, but basil and mint are usually pretty hardy and easy to grow. You say you have them in a sunny location, but do they get enough sun? Maybe they need supplemental lighting. Although you say wilting and that would not make me think of light. Do they need potted up? Are they root bound in the pots? The only other thing I could think of would be the watering. If you stick your finger in the pot and it is dry up to your first joint , then you need to water. If it is still moist at your first joint of your finger you don't really need to add any water. It doesn't sound like a disease because you don't mention your other plants.

Ask a Question