Banana Tree Health issues

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi everyone, I am new to gardening and loved the idea of growing my own bananas. I got two plants from a local nursery here in Dubai and my local gardener (who is basically a human watering system:)) planted them for me. They had brownish dark layers on them, I read somewhere that it's best to remove those brown parts, so I did. Then gradually but very fast leafs starting shooting upwards and should start opening up this week. But... those brownish patches on the main steam still appear. I got special organic fertilizers for the bananas and just added them 3 days ago, but I don't know if I am doing something that is causing the brownness or is it an infected tree in the first place or what exactly, can someone advise me please. I would like to send you picture of what I mean but I don't know if the forum supports that.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If you could take pictures of the brown places it would be a help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome, I am so jealous of you people who cam grow fruits like bananas! :)

Yes you can post pics, use the upload file box at the bottom of your post to upload a pic from your device.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
Thanks Chuck and Beth for replying to me. I uploaded now, please have a look.

When they were planted, no special fertilizer was added. Then I read online and I learned that I need a special NPK mix, so I went out and got some custom made fertilizer from a local Organic factory. I then dug about an inch deep around the plant and mixed that fertilizer with the soil plus some Vermi then flattened it back and watered normally. At some point also I found spots on my Fig tree, so I read its Fig rust or something called leaf miners; I got Neem oil and sprayed the whole garden including the banana and now no more fig rust.

I have let my gardener go as he did not spot or help on any of this, so i decided to read up and become an expert gardener myself

Did I do something wrong?

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question