Banana help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This is an ice cream pup I planted around Feb/March. As you can see the rate of growth has been VERY slow. Most of my bananas are slow this year because I don't have a good sunny location for then like I did at the last house, and because I was in a hurry to get them in the ground with a baby in the way, I didn't get the soil like I normally would.

After digging it up I noticed a sunken area in the corm with some spider mites (?) Crawling on it. Note it's not a great job separating the pup from the mother, but it has put out some roots, but some are blackened.

At this point I'm trying to determine a best course of action, leave it out to dry a few days in hopes of preventing any further rot, or put it in a pot with good soil and lots of sun and let mother nature do her thing? This is the only plant if this variety I have, so I would like to save it. Once recovered it is going to a sunnier, well prepared location.

IMG_20180911_162616041.jpg
IMG_20180911_162611628.jpg

After rinsing off

IMG_20180911_163438016.jpg
IMG_20180911_163444647.jpg

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
vette-kid, I don't have an answer for you, but I want to say that that last one with the variegated leaves is simply stunning!! (y) :)

Ask a Question