Bad Experience with Jackson&Perkins

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry long story.

12/2017: Purchased three roses

04/2018: Received three roses

05/2018: Two of them didn’t grow

05/20/18 – 5/29/18: Tried to call to get refund or replacement, refund deadline is the end of May, Waiting over 30 minutes each time I called, then got hung up (they must have a lot of refund requests)

05/29/18: Sent in an email and received automatic response saying it would take longer than usual to process

06/30/18: No email response, so I called again. Customer rep said the guarantee period expired. I told her I called so many times and sent in an email. She did see my email. She asked me to do the ‘Scratch Test’ and tell her the color I see. I told her the color was grey and yellowish. She asked me to do Epson for another 60 days.

06/30/18: Called again after some online learning. I asked that if the color was grey, it meant the plant already died, why I needed to do Epson treatment. She said just to give it another chance to see if the rose can grow. I asked for refund. She said the refund couldn’t be issued until 60 days of Epson treatment.

06/2018 – 08/2018: Epson treatment…

09/13/18: Contacted them through online chatting. Was told the refund has been issued.

09/14/18: Received an email saying my refund was rejected, “The notes state that the scratch test showed green and the representative advised you to do an Epsom salt treatment on the roses. There was no further communication after that time, which put you two months out of guarantee.”

09/14/18: Called again, was told that my refund was denied by another department and she couldn’t communicate with them. Asked to speak to a manager, was told the manager was in meeting then got hung up.

They lie about everything!!! The refund and replacement policy is a joke. How could a company do business like this?! Don’t waste your money and time with them.

Just to share my experience and hope all roses lovers could make informed buying decision.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Hanna. :) Being British I don't know this company but it shouldn't make any difference.

They have definitely taken you for a ride with this and should have given you a refund or replaced the roses. If you bought the roses online and paid with a credit card then perhaps you should make contact with your card company. They should be able to claim your money back but will probably need some evidence of the situation.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Hanna
I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. I have researched your order and see that you were able to connect with management. We do our best to honor our policies and stand by our warranty. We'd be happy to talk with you again if need be!

Jackson & Perkins

Ask a Question