Azaleas

Reaction score
Country
United States
We moved into a new home in December. I have discovered 3 azalea bushes that are not getting enough sunlight in their current location. They are not very big. Can they be transplanted?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum! :)

What is your hardiness zone? Broadly speaking, in a cold climate it's best to move them in early spring, but if you live in a warm climate it would be best to wait until autumn.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We moved into a new home in December. I have discovered 3 azalea bushes that are not getting enough sunlight in their current location. They are not very big. Can they be transplanted?
So what type of azaleas are they. I purposely bought a short variety for my front foundation, and they will not go beyond 3 feet tall, do you know if those are them--or not them? They could be very new to the ground, as the prior owners may have just planted them in the fall before you moved in.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! :)

What is your hardiness zone? Broadly speaking, in a cold climate it's best to move them in early spring, but if you live in a climate it would be best to wait until autumn.
Raleigh, NC I believe we are in zone 7

Reaction score
Country
United States
So what type of azaleas are they. I purposely bought a short variety for my front foundation, and they will not go beyond 3 feet tall, do you know if those are them--or not them? They could be very new to the ground, as the prior owners may have just planted them in the fall before you moved in.
Not sure. I will post a picture later

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Raleigh, NC I believe we are in zone 7

Ah ok, relatively warm then. I think you might have missed your opportunity to move them, so it might be best to wait until much later in the year when it is cooler (but not at risk of frost).

Ask a Question