Avocado Tree With 'Termite' Droppings Under Severed Branch

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I just moved into a new apartment. There's a medium sized avocado tree on the property that growing out of a small plot surrounded by brick. I noticed yesterday, under one of the large severed branches, that there was a small pile of dust that instantly reminded me of termite droppings. Does anyone have experience in this? The tree has plenty of leaves, and is with a few that are brown at the ends. I've been watering once or twice a week, but I'd like to take steps to protect the tree from any future harm. Any advice or direction is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If I understand correctly a limb was cut off and removed? If so the remainder of the limb still attached to the tree is still there and it is dead wood. Termites only eat dead wood so nothing to worry about but close up pictures would be a big help. Also please update your profile so we all know your location and hardiness zone.

Ask a Question