Avocado plant browning

Reaction score
Country
Norway
I have an avocado plant about a year old. About three weeks ago i noticed that the tips of the leaves starting browning. I dont know What is causing it. I live in norway so the climate is cold and dry, but i have been keeping it it the bathroom. I water every 2-3 days and i give it plant-nuture every few weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

This may be a seasonal response to low light in Winter, with older leaves aging out to later be replaced by new growth. In Winter, the plant may be just maintaining itself until Spring when growth should accelerate. Avocado (Persea americana) houseplants are often leggy and bare near the base. You might consider pinching out the growing tip to encourage side branches. You may try giving it a light application of a complete fertilizer now and more in Spring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Avocados don't like sodium in the soil and often burn on the edges in response. If you can water it with distilled water it might help. They also prefer high humidity.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have an avocado plant about a year old. About three weeks ago i noticed that the tips of the leaves starting browning. I dont know What is causing it. I live in norway so the climate is cold and dry, but i have been keeping it it the bathroom. I water every 2-3 days and i give it plant-nuture every few weeks.
Hi, I live in cold Buffalo New York I have an avocado plant that is blooming with many citruses, pepper, banana etc. I made a small video is on my youtube channel with some tips on what I use for an indoor garden. With permission of the forum, here is a link hopefully this will help a little. My Winter Indoor Garden Happy Gardening

Ask a Question