Avocado growing using toothpick method

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Will the avocado seed germinate using the toothpick method if the seedcoat (husk) is not removed from the seed?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I never remove any husk and they grow. Once I had one which had become so big that I was worried that I would run out of space. And I had to kill it. They grew even in the compost bin if you let in a bit of light. They are very easy to grow. Just give them soil and water in bright but indirect sunlight, they will germinate. Leave your toothpick for your teeth! ;)

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
I never remove any husk and they grow. Once I had one which had become so big that I was worried that I would run out of space. And I had to kill it. They grew even in the compost bin if you let in a bit of light. They are very easy to grow. Just give them soil and water in bright but indirect sunlight, they will germinate. Leave your toothpick for your teeth! ;)
Got it, thank you very much for your time!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've never had any luck with avocado. They just sit in the water and go mouldy. Hopefully you have more luck!

Ask a Question