Avacados turning brown...

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your support.

I have 2 avacados growing since October, one healthy and the other was but now the leaves have been turning brown. Both in same location, watered the same, same sunlight (indoors, gets sin through Western windows for 3-4 hours in evening).
The only difference I can see is that the one with the Browning had 2 shoots grow from seed and I decided to leave it be.
Perhaps malnourished? Over watered out under? Soil is moist but drains well.

Thanks again
20170806_082448.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It looks like it is staying too wet. Are the browning leaves all on the same stem?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
No, on both, the brown feels crisp

Attachments

• 1502062590858-145489021.jpg
    1502062590858-145489021.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 214
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Every how long do you water? Indoor plants need less water than outdoor plants because there isn't much evaporation.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Those brown leaves look just like the plant is staying too wet at the root ball and probably getting root rot. If it were me I would take it out of its pot, check out the root system for rot and repot with new soil, making sure that the root ball does not have encircling roots. You may also find that you have 2 seperate roots systems. But in any case make sure that the root system is loosened up. At the very least you will know if it is staying too wet or dry at its roots.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sounds like a good idea to me. A friend of mine that has some growing told me to transplant when the 2nd row of leafs started to a bigger pot, of course I have procrastinated and perhaps that and the moisture is the problem!
Thanks for the help so far, I will transplant with fresh soil in a bigger pot and water half the amount, see how it goes and post back, thanks !!

Ask a Question