Asiatic Lilies - bi-color varieties

Reaction score
I have put these lilies under the heading of perennials as although Asiatic Lilies would normally be classed as bulbs - most people grow them as perennials :D

As there are many of us that just love lilies of all descriptions and as many have already said how much they liked

black and red lily 1.jpg

this bi-color Asiatic Lily named ' Olina ' which was featured in the thread ' Black Tulips ' but said they hadn't seen them before - thought that I would introduce you to some more of the these bi-color lilies from the Tango Lily and Tango Passion series - in good time - so that those of you who would like to enjoy their beauty this summer - can plant some - especially as there are so many varieties and colors to choose from like

Nettys Pride

Lily-Nettys-Pride.jpg

Latvia

Lily-Latvia.jpg

Forever Susan

lily forever susan.jpg

Easy dance

Lily easy dance.jpg

Abaddon

Lily AbaddonKK.jpg

Lionheart

LILY TANGO LIONHEART.JPG

these are just a few of the many bi-color varieties available - there many more and if you have a favorite please feel free to add it to the list.
You'll also be very pleased to know - that the bulbs for all the varieties shown above are available to buy online :)

Reaction score
All of these are so beautiful. I love the bi-colors. Having two colors just adds to the beauty of these already gorgeous flowers.
I have never planted any bi-color Asiatic lilies. Your post and lovely pictures have convinced me to give it a try. Thanks so much for sharing.

Reaction score
I really like them all, but my favorite one is the black and red one!!!! But they're all extremely beautiful, specially the last one. It would be an interesting addition to any garden. I might get a couple of bulbs in the future :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They're all so beautiful! My favorites are Nettys Pride and Latvia, I would plant them next to each other, I'm sure it would look great:)

And here are Asiatic Lilies named Lollipop - a cute name for a cute plant:D:

lily_as_lollipop_main_1.jpg

Reaction score
WOW!!! What beauties you have photographed! I love lilies, they are my favorites and although I have no shortage of photos of them you did show quite a few that I haven't seen before! Thanks, you made my day!

Reaction score
WOW!!! What beauties you have photographed! I love lilies, they are my favorites and although I have no shortage of photos of them you did show quite a few that I haven't seen before! Thanks, you made my day!

Thank you firelily -They're truly gorgeous aren't they and of course the one you admired in the thread on Black tulips is at the top - its the one called 'Olina ' and it gives me great pleasure to know - that seeing them all made your day :)

Reaction score
They are such stunning colors and your photography is exceptionally well done also. You have really captured their beauty in an understated manner.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Love seeing the lilies! Yummmm

GM, those are some I have never seen before. Do you find they self propagate?

Claudine, lollipops are the only lily I have ever had multiple for me. They have become my favorite.
image.jpg
Here is a picture from last summer of a stargazer coplanted with a hosta (blue vision)

Reaction score
firelily99 - sorry - but when replying to your post yesterday was in a bit of a hurry and didn't spot the fact that you thought that the photographs of the lilies were taken by me - when in fact they weren't - but are ones found on the internet - so hope now knowing that - it doesn't spoil your day :D

Claudine and Jewell - your pictures are truly gorgeous :) and yes some of the hybrid lilies do self propagate if grown in groups.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Jewell, the lilies in the picture that you posted are really pretty, I like their intense color, it looks so vivid!

This Lily is called "Cathedral Windows", I love its name, it sounds so nobly!:

Cathedral_Windows.jpg

Reaction score
Claudine - think " Cathedral Windows" is beautiful and love its cheerful colors.

Here are a few more including one that is very similar to " cathedral Windows"

Tiny Sensation

Lilium dwarf TinySensation.jpg

Black Spider - A terrible name but a beautiful flower

lily black spider-4.jpg

Cancun

Lily Cancun.jpg

Cancun - looking gorgeous in a pot

Lily Cancun in pot.jpg

Centerfold

lily Centerfold2.jpg

Ask a Question