Argentine Giant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
In my front yard I had a lot of desert plants. This is an Argentine Giant (Echinopsis candicans), from 2006. It eventually grew to 15 feet tall and 15 feet across. The fragrant gigantic flowers bloom once a year around Mother's Day. They last for one day and then next day are dead. I sold it.

1b8d7c8.jpg

http://i.imgsafe.org/682c60e.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh my goodness, look at those beauties! The flowers look so delicate but just gorgeous!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Gorgeous! Too bad the flower only lasts a day.

Had friends in Phoenix for a while, visited for Christmas a couple of times and got a kick out of people decorating cactii with Santa hats and such. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Those flowers are beautiful, they look so exotic! It's such a pity they only last a day:(
When I was a kid, I used to grow miniature cacti indoors, but they never bloomed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I love the look of cactus plants - and how neat that this one flowers for a day only - it would certainly make it all the more amazing to get to see it in bloom, what a treat!

Ask a Question