Areca palm dead/brown leaves

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi, this is my first plant.
I got it 4-5 months ago and it started too get dry dead brown leaves(bough?) continuosly. In about 30 days i have cutted around ~8 boughs.

I dont know why, i have watered it once weekly (~1L water) and havent forgot a single time. I have place it in the most bright place in my room beside a window (direct sunlight early morning for a few hours ~3 than indirect sunlight for about ~8 hours). In the bottom of the outer pot i have added a few stones to prevent waterlogging.

Please help me to save my beloved palm.

Attachments

• IMG_20220710_154626.jpg
    IMG_20220710_154626.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220712_004902.jpg
    IMG_20220712_004902.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Hi! It seems like she's receiving enough light but regarding the water, it's better to not water your plants on a schedule or a certain amount. Check the soil with a wodden stick to make sure it is dry and then water your plant thoroughly until water comes out of the bottom. Arecas also like humidity, you could acquire a humidifier or set a trail with rock and water for it to evaporate and hopefully help your plant. You should also check the soil to make sure it isn't compacted or anything and the roots are fine. Hope this helps and your plant gets better!

Reaction score
Country
Italy
@youngdruid
Thanks for your post.

Unluckily i cant see if water comes out of the inner pot, the plant is heavy and hard to get out of my outer pot.

But i can try to check if the soil is dry before watering and if the plant needs more water between my sheduled watering.

I have around 50% humidity most of the time. Maybe in summer a bit less (35-45) because i have the windows opened (not the one in front of the plant) more often.
What humidity is good for my plant ?

Hopefully the roots are ok. Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
@youngdruid
Thanks for your post.

Unluckily i cant see if water comes out of the inner pot, the plant is heavy and hard to get out of my outer pot.

But i can try to check if the soil is dry before watering and if the plant needs more water between my sheduled watering.

I have around 50% humidity most of the time. Maybe in summer a bit less (35-45) because i have the windows opened (not the one in front of the plant) more often.
What humidity is good for my plant ?

Hopefully the roots are ok. Thanks.
For these humidity can range from 40-60% so 50% is perfect.

Ask a Question