Are we having Global Warming, or not ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
There is just so much information and political rhetoric out now about global warming, and what it is doing to our planet, and also how it is affecting the plants and animals as the climate changes. I am in the Southern United States, and I read that some animals, such as armadillos, are moving further north as the weather is warming up.
Some plants are wintering better, although last winter seemed to get pretty cold. But, I think it was not as cold as the winter before. Even the tornadoes seem to be happening farther north than before.
I have also read that our whole solar system is heating up, and if that is true, then it certainly is not the fault of we humans that it is happening.
I just downloaded a Kindle book from Amazon that explains how the weather change is affecting our plants, and I think it might also be interesting reading for other people ; so here is the link for the book.
It is free on Amazon right now, but may not stay free very long, so HURRY !

http://www.amazon.com/Heatstroke-Na...book/dp/B004GKM2EC/?_bbid=12452&_bbtype=email

Reaction score
CLIMATE CHANGE is occurring. This past winter was the absolute worst I have ever witnessed. So many of my perennials have died. Scabiosa, carnations, and those big hibiscus are all dead.

Reaction score
Winter in the Netherlands was so darn hot, hottest in centuries. I'm talking about the north!!! The flowers were already blooming on February! Whoever says this isn't happening is just ignoring all the facts.

Believe me when I tell you I saw really weird things and keep seeing them every year... Seems it's getting warmer.

BTW.... Where did you read about the whole solar system heating up??????? I REALLY want to read more about it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice video from Neil DeGrasse Tyson which looks at climate change:

Whatever your opinion on climate change is, one thing that is certain is that the way we currently live is not sustainable in the long term. We are too dependant on fossil fuels, and we treat consumable items like there is a never ending supply. We all need to do our bit - using less energy, recycling more, don't be wasteful etc.

climate%20change%20cartoons_better%20world.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Climate change is happening and it always has.
Man-made, CO2 based climate an industry based on computer games, COMPUTER GAMES WHICH CAN'T TELL US THE WEATHER TWO DAYS AWAY.

But it makes all the beardy, hand-wringing, pinko, tree-huggers happy.

Reaction score
Winter in the Netherlands was so darn hot, hottest in centuries. I'm talking about the north!!! The flowers were already blooming on February! Whoever says this isn't happening is just ignoring all the facts.

Believe me when I tell you I saw really weird things and keep seeing them every year... Seems it's getting warmer.

BTW.... Where did you read about the whole solar system heating up??????? I REALLY want to read more about it!
Yes!
When there are fluctuations of warmth, and heavy snow storms, and the Polar Vortex that dips down to Kentucky, instead of calling it "Global Warming" it is called Climate Change. It is happening worldwide during each season. It is not just getting warmer in some areas but it is getting colder in some areas as well. For example, some places on earth, have experienced cooler than normal summers. The oceans are actually rising. It has been colder in the Midwest that the past two centuries. We have Washington state forest disappearing because it is so warm during their winters that pine tree eating beetles do not die because they can survive a warmer winter. That is Climate Change. I believe it has been man made.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Yes!
When there are fluctuations of warmth, and heavy snow storms, and the Polar Vortex that dips down to Kentucky, instead of calling it "Global Warming" it is called Climate Change. It is happening worldwide during each season. It is not just getting warmer in some areas but it is getting colder in some areas as well. For example, some places on earth, have experienced cooler than normal summers. The oceans are actually rising. It has been colder in the Midwest that the past two centuries. We have Washington state forest disappearing because it is so warm during their winters that pine tree eating beetles do not die because they can survive a warmer winter. That is Climate Change. I believe it has been man made.
It's possible that the doubling of land under agriculture has caused a slight change in the Earth's albedo, but, other than that, nope.

Reaction score
Yes!

Yeah, something is definitely going on. What worries me the most are the sea levels rising more and more. That's quite scary and I can see how things might change forever if things continue this way. I truly hope this is just a normal fluctuation, but I doubt it... I mean, look at the Fukushima disaster... that problem isn't even fixed yet! So yeah, man is changing everything :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Sea levels rise and fall all the time.
It used to be possible to walk from UK to France, and from Asia to North America.
There is more real evidence that we may be heading back into Ice Age.

The recent WEATHER has been caused by us being in a solar double maximum, and a strong El Nino event, and was and is entirely predictable WITHOUT CO2 based AGW.

The Polar Icecaps FORMED at 600ppm CO2.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And what about Greenland? It has been proven that Greenland was once agricultually based, before the climate changed and it became too cold. So what is "normal"? What it was then or what it is now? The climate has fluctuated since day one whether there were SUV's or not. Whether there was carbon based energy or not. This man made global warming hysteria is a hoax perpetrated by the governments and their puppets the media. And all of the lemmings out there believe that a consensus of like minded scientists proves that global warming is man made, when in fact it isn't science at all, it is just a belief of a few who haven't shown one positive fact to prove it. In fact the only thing they have shown has been proven to be false and fabricated.

Reaction score
Yes we are suffering from global warming and now the politicians are finally admitting to it. Our weather has not been right for several years. We suffered from severe droughts first and then last year and this year we have had quite a bit of flooding. Not to mention our winter was very harsh. We are not accustomed to that in the south.

Thank you for posting the link to the book. I ordered it today and it is still free! I do love free!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yes we are suffering from global warming and now the politicians are finally admitting to it. Our weather has not been right for several years. We suffered from severe droughts first and then last year and this year we have had quite a bit of flooding. Not to mention our winter was very harsh. We are not accustomed to that in the south.

Thank you for posting the link to the book. I ordered it today and it is still free! I do love free!
Where is it getting warmer? The temps haven't changed a bit in almost 20 years and then it was less than 1 degree. Politicians are finally admitting it???!!! They are the ones propagating the hoax to start with. True, we are seeing more and more radical "WEATHER". But is that because of there being more radical weather or is it because the weather is being reported more and more by the media who are in bed with the government? There have always been tornados and floods and blizzards and hurricanes and droughts and blistering heat and any other kind of weather you can name. But to say humans are the cause of it is absurd. All of this man made climate change global warming hysteria is designed to give more power to the governments and to tax us all into submission. Just look what is happening to coal. Why is this government stopping the building of coal fired power plants? Why is the government not issueing drilling permits on federal land? Why are they stopping the pipeline? The government wants us to be completely reliant on them. Look around you. They are telling us what to eat, are telling us what doctors we can see, are telling us what we can drive, how to light our homes and God knows what else they are planning. Global warming might be what the "consensus of scientists" said back in the 70's, that we are in a global cooling period and heading for an ice age again. They don't know. No one knows. There hasn't been one shred, one iota of proof that humans are the cause of anything anywhere as to what the weather is doing and yet the government is trying its best to convince you that we are on the brink of extinction if we don't do what they say. Are Global Warmists really that gullible?

Reaction score
I don't know either way. All I know is that the weather is changing and the icecaps are almost gone and habitats are being lost. But there are ways we could be taking better care of our planet whether it's happening or not. We could be living cleaner and finding other ways to produce energy (without tearing up the world).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I agree that there does seem to be a global warming issue! I live in the Pacific Northwest and there has not been a good blanket of snow in a couple of years in my area of the state! This is unfair and unheard of. I also saw that the weather forcast is calling for temperatures in the high 80's for the next week, and although I am not complaining, this is also pretty much unheard of here for this early in the summer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I agree that there does seem to be a global warming issue! I live in the Pacific Northwest and there has not been a good blanket of snow in a couple of years in my area of the state! This is unfair and unheard of. I also saw that the weather forcast is calling for temperatures in the high 80's for the next week, and although I am not complaining, this is also pretty much unheard of here for this early in the summer.
That's weather, not climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question