Are these stink bugs?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I thought I was clear of these evil doers, saw these guys this morning. Are these young stinkies? I spayed spinosad and then smashed as many as I could, no dark spots on my peppers yet, and no bugs on the tomatoes 2 feet away. Please tell me these are something else! ? @Chuck

20170627_064616.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
ugh...yes! I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where the eggs are being laid. I check my plants daily and have yet to see any. I have several that I know are prime for them (peppers, tomato, banana, cantaloupe), but I check them daily without seeing any.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
ugh...yes! I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where the eggs are being laid. I check my plants daily and have yet to see any. I have several that I know are prime for them (peppers, tomato, banana, cantaloupe), but I check them daily without seeing any.
The eggs are probably on the underside of older leaves

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
ive been turning them over and checking. How far do these guys wander? maybe they are hatching from a neighbors yard? or in the hydrangeas? Im ready for drastic measures if there are any, im going through spinosad at a crazy rate!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
ive been turning them over and checking. How far do these guys wander? maybe they are hatching from a neighbors yard? or in the hydrangeas? Im ready for drastic measures if there are any, im going through spinosad at a crazy rate!
The young stink bugs do not travel far from where they were hatched. They were hatched on that plant. They will stay in a group until they are out of the nymph stage and then fly off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
No, that is caterpillar crap. Better spray the entire plant with Bt or spinosad
Oh I went to town with spinosad. I saw two baby stinkies and one adult this morning. All got smashed, after being sprayed. I've learned to spray first because they tend to scatter when I start smashing them. The numbers are decreasing at least.

Ask a Question