Are these 2 fruit trees still good?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received these 2 fruit trees (fig and pomegranate) as gift from my parents. They don't look that great. The pomegranate even has yellow leaves. It could be because the soil is somewhat hard/clay-like or maybe they have been in pots for too long. I was wondering if I plant them, in good soil, well-drained with organic materials, will they still produce good fruit in the years to come? Will the number and quality of fruit be worthwhile? I hate to not plant them since they are a gift but I would rather plant something that will produce good fruit in the future. Any advice?

DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0001.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
They look just fine. It is normal for Pomegranates to have yellow leaves. In fact, that it has leaves at all is a good sign. They should do just fine as long as you give them what they need and it sounds like you will!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think it`s best to keep the fig in a container (a big one) as the roots can get very big and the figs grow well out of reach then.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I put both trees in the ground. One thing I noticed is that the stem of the fig tree is crooked, like a 'C' shape. Would that cause any problems? I tried placing a stick next to it to tie it to but I felt like I was hitting its roots, and since it has already grown crooked, I didn't want to risk it. Hope it grows normal.

Ask a Question