Are there any universal tips for growing your garden well?

Reaction score
I am a bit of a newbie and have only been gardening for a little while--two years, in fact. I don't know anybody else who gardens so I appreciate any advice. Last year I planted berries, carrots, tomatoes, squash, a few other fruits and veggies. I want to try more fruits next year. I'd love to hear any suggestions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
In my opinion one of the most important tips is not to overwater any plants. I wish I knew it earlier! This year, I killed half of my miniature roses, because I thought that it's okay to water them once a day, silly me:(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
As Claudine says, the biggest danger to your plants is overwatering, then the roots start to rot, so the plant cannot take up as much water and wilts, so you give it more...

I'd also suggest that you have a look at the organic forum, it'll save you a lot of money in the long run, and you'll get bigger, better, more nutricious & more flavoursome returns for your effort.

Ask a Question