Are my Busy Lizzies poorly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I bought 40 plugs of Busy Lizzies, some of them have dark red / purple / brown funny shaped marks on the underside of their leaves - see photo. Please help! What is it? Is it just a normal pattern on the leaves or is it diseased?
Many thanks.
FF735665-490B-4E25-9F12-B7C4E461AC15.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @PippaJean04 . It seems to me that your bizzie lizzies have a fungal problem. This could well be due to the nice hot weather we have at the moment .... at least we have here in Kent.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The most important thing to remember about impatiens plants is to water them regularly. Keep them moist, but not too wet. If the plants dry out for too long, they will lose their leaves. If you over-water the plants, this could encourage fungal diseases. Allow the soil to dry between waterings and when you water, water them well. Don't keep the soil wet because that can cause a fungus like Tetters said. Mimic Mother Nature with Wet to Dry days.

Ask a Question