Are leaf blowers ban in USA?

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hey, I have recently shifted to the USA. In my home, there are a few huge trees. I was thinking to buy a leaf blower for better and easy sanitation. But I was reading somewhere that leaf blowers are banned in few states of the USA due to their bad noise. I am living in Arizona so I want to confirm that are leaf blowers really banned in Arizona or not? can Someone confirm about it?
I also want your suggestion about the best leaf blower what is best for home users?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hey, I have recently shifted to the USA. In my home, there are a few huge trees. I was thinking to buy a leaf blower for better and easy sanitation. But I was reading somewhere that leaf blowers are banned in few states of the USA due to their bad noise. I am living in Arizona so I want to confirm that are leaf blowers really banned in Arizona or not? can Someone confirm about it?
I also want your suggestion about the best leaf blower what is best for home users?
If they are banned anywhere in the US it will only be by a local ordinance. There is no state wide ban. Just check with the city cops.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Chuck is right, but out of curiosity I google'd part of your title and came up with this page.

BTW, the leaf blowers that operate off an internal combustion engine are very loud, but I have two leaf blowers, one battery operated and the other uses a power cord (120 VAC). The power cord one is the loudest, but still not nearly as loud as the more powerful combustion engine type -- those are extremely loud.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't say if they are banned but probably in places like California they could be. Everything is banned there. I wouldn't get anything but a good gas one. Electric or battery-operated just aren't strong enough to move heavy leaves. They are good for things like blowing out the garage. With mine, I'm able to move piles of leaves, not just what's laying on the ground.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We have one, we use it, no issues here. Perhaps its the time of day? Ours is electric. I also see commercial companies use those big square blowers in business areas. Have no idea the best one. the one we have works well, light enough for me.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the Echo brand. I've had mine for over 15 years and never had a problem with it. Husqvarna makes a good one too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
I have a Husky brand for home use.
I have a curb side picked Craftsman that needed a carb cleaning that rides in my truck. Use it to blow off the mowers after use before I load up that way I don't take Chucks weed seeds to Rons place. the craftsman has handy handles on it.

page1image3812736

:D Al

Reaction score
Country
United States
The important thing is to get something that will do the job 100% of the time. If it's too small or underpowered then when you need it won't be up to the task. If it's not up to the task then you have thrown your money away because you could have done the easy stuff by hand.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have read a lot of information, leaf blowers are only banned during certain days and certain hours. It is quite a useful product only the noise is the thing that exists.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I have read a lot of information, leaf blowers are only banned during certain days and certain hours. It is quite a useful product only the noise is the thing that exists.
We own a Airbnb in a very "karen" type of gated community . I have a landscaper there that attends to the garden who walks about with his leaf blower seen on our cameras. So if this place "allows" leaf blowers, then any place will. But there in general is an unwritten code to keep things quiet till about 9Am when it comes to outside work, and that is not just at our "Karen" community. Even up in my North house out in the country, there is a certain maintaining of quiet till about 9AM. Can I tell you what days my landscaper does not go there, I would imagine it would be a Sunday. Most folks still respect Sunday's as a quiet day. So has nothing at all related to "rules". just common sense. Or banned. But maybe since some common sense has flown the coop, maybe folks do need the "banned" word. LOL.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have a decibel meter and have measured my stihl blowers from the defined distance while my wife used them. When the blower specification said 70 decibels I found that my meter agreed with the rating. That is still pretty loud. The CFM being used or produced by the machine is also a useful number. 400 for a residential hand held and 800 for a backpack commercial grade machine are good target volumes of air

Reaction score
Country
United States

Leaf blowers are a nuisance, no matter what kind you buy. They are loud and they spray dust and dirt around indiscriminately. I suggest you try a rake and a broom first, possibly with a tarp to move them with. It really takes no longer than the leaf blower. Blowers are also heavy and bad for your back. So I encourage you to try a considerate method first.

Reaction score
Country
United States
As to being banned, don't listen to these people. It is different everywhere. In my town gas powered leaf blowers are BANNED!

Ask a Question