Arashiyama Bamboo Grove

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
One of the coolest places I've been to in Japan is just outside of Kyoto in a place called Arashiyama. You may have heard of or seen the bamboo grove pictures online before - here's a link to a bit of information about it...

http://www.insidekyoto.com/arashiyama-bamboo-grove

It's so tranquil and beautiful - and I would highly recommend visiting there if you ever vacation in Japan. Kyoto is just a wonderful area too with lots of interesting shrines and temples, but this bamboo grove is stunning!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Whoa..the bamboo trees are beautiful separating like that. You are lucky living in Japan and get to see so many wonderful place.

Reaction score
Amazing place. It looks like paradise on earth! SO beautiful!!! I'd definitely like to visit that place if I ever visit Japan :) Such a lovely place.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Whoa..the bamboo trees are beautiful separating like that. You are lucky living in Japan and get to see so many wonderful place.

Yes I feel so fortunate! Since we are only here a few years due to my husband's work we have absolutely been trying to cram in as many sights as we can. It will always hold a special place in my heart, there's a lot of natural beauty here!

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I have seen this bamboo grove on pictures and I always wondered where on earth was this place. I knew it was in Japan, but did not know where exactly it was. When I am in Japan, I will never miss this place, it is so beautiful.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Arashiyama Bamboo Grove is a naturalized grove of Moso Timber Bamboo (Phyllostachys edulis). The species is native to China and Taiwan, but was introduced to Japan centuries ago. Mature canes are used for timber, but young bambbo shoots of this species are a popular edible in Asian cuisine.

Ask a Question