Arabian Jasmine - Buds getting red and fall off without blooming

Reaction score
Country
India
Dear Members,
This query is in reference to the image attached, wherein one of the buds of the Arabian Jasmine plant has turned "red" in color. I am observing the pattern for a couple of weeks that once the buds get bigger in size, it turns red, becomes weak, and gets detached from the stem. Subsequently, it falls to the ground without blooming into the flower. This is getting repeated for each and every bud of two pots of Arabian Jasmine plants.
I would like to request the community members to kindly assist me in identifying the underlying issue with the plant, and if possible, please provide me with the solution to resolve this problem.
Thanks!
Arabian Jasmine_2.jpeg
Arabian Jasmine_1.jpeg

NigelJ

Still Learning
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is your climate like?
What type of soil are you growing it in?
My first thought, from the colour of the leaves is it needs a good feed.
Also how dry/wet is it?

Reaction score
Country
India
What is your climate like?
What type of soil are you growing it in?
My first thought, from the colour of the leaves is it needs a good feed.
Also how dry/wet is it?
I live in Indo-Gangetic plain in India. The climate is mostly monsoon type. However, currently in this month it's hot and dry summer. The soil type is alluvial and I mostly use home made compost as part of nutrients supply to the soil. Awaiting your further reply. Thanks!

Ask a Question