Apricots This Year

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I was told it would take 3 years and it has....very exciting.:)
I planted a peach and apricot tree at the same time, the peach fruited when expected and now the apricot has come to the party. Will Net them and look forward to my bounty:ROFLMAO:
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Yum! Apricot Jam is a favorite of mine, I know if I was lucky enough to have a tree I'd be making Apricot everything! I also love them dried - such a good snack for when you're on the go. It's always nice when you get to experience the fruits of your labor if you pardon the pun - it's worth the wait!

Reaction score
I bet that those three years of waiting were worth it. It looks like you're going to get a great amount of apricots in for your first harvest. I wish you the best of luck with your tree! Apricots fresh from the tree are delicious.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You will have plenty of apricots to eat and to use for this year I hope! They are yummy, and I also love apricots jam too. Peach and apricots are my summer favorite fruits.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Three years of waiting is a lot, but I'm sure it was worth it. There is nothing better than fresh apricots right from the garden:D They're sweet, healthy and really yummy:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm jealous...I adore fresh apricots but they won't grow here. The store-bought ones are expensive and tasteless, it's like the difference between a vine-ripened fresh tomato and a supermarket tomato.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks guys for your best wishes. I am thrilled. I love apricot jam too. There's nothing like home made jams, hopefully there is enough to do so.

Reaction score
Wow, 3 years? Growing your own fruit does take a lot patience :O My dad had a peach tree, but the thing never yielded good fruit. I heard it's so complex to get really good fruit. For some reasons all the fruit trees he planted after that one never yielded any fruit or didn't grow at all.

Ask a Question