Apricot tree

Reaction score
We bought a house with an apricot tree which was almost dead. We watered it and trimmed it and when spring arrived leaves did too. It produced one flower, which was how I identified it. It hasn't produced any more flowers and I was wondering if there's something I should do to it to make it healthier.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We bought a house with an apricot tree which was almost dead. We watered it and trimmed it and when spring arrived leaves did too. It produced one flower, which was how I identified it. It hasn't produced any more flowers and I was wondering if there's something I should do to it to make it healthier.
If was almost dead when you moved there it was probably neglected and never fed. It will probably need mineral additives plus a good organic fertilizer to produce. What is your location? How big is the tree? Is your soil acidic or alkaline?

Reaction score

As all stone fruits are generally pruned directly after fruiting - which is some parts of the world is around about now - if you pruned your at a different time - that could well be one of the reasons why yours has not borne fruit.

When you say " what can you do to make your tree healthier " - are you meaning in terms of bearing fruit or because you can see signs of disease - such as sticky cankers on the bark or unusual spots or marking on the leaves ?

Ask a Question