Apple Trees

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Do you need to feed them and if so what should I feed them with?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I feed mine with rockdust and woodash, and mulch with well-rotted horse manure and seaweed.
I also make sure they never go without water, not too much, but most apple trees like a drink.

FB&B and bark chips will do as substitutes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I have one apple tree in my garden. I don't feed it with anything, I don't even water it. It grows by itself. It's a very old tree though, I think that young ones might need a fertilizer.

Reaction score
You can feed the trees although I never have. The fertilizer would impact the flowers more than anything else on the trees and perhaps increase your yield.

Reaction score
I hit our fruit trees with fertilizer spikes in the spring. You bang them into the ground around the drip line of the tree and they are supposed to last 4-6 months. I only do it once a year but I figure it is better than nothing. I don't know if they are available to you in your area but they are about 6 inches long and designed to be hammered into the ground deep enough to get below the top layers of grass or whatever else grows beneath the tree.

Reaction score
I've had 2 potted apple trees for 2 years now and just started giving them fish emulsion. They did great until this year, but I think they were hit too hard by the winter. I'm hoping this will perk them up!

Ask a Question