Aphids attacking Salvia divinorum plant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi :)

Have not been on for a while but I am having a problem with what I think are aphids eating my Salvia plant.

I am getting a little concerned as I have scraped most of them off only to find them reappear again, so I presume they are coming through the window as the soil and pot it is in both were clean, I cannot really keep the windows closed due to the weather and ventilation.

I made a natural spray from garlic and dishsoap, I sprayed the plant on thursday and the aphids are still there, it does not appear to have done anything even though the smell of garlic hits you as you walk into the room :(

I'm worried I'm going to lose this little plant. One of its leaves has started curling around the edges (not the browning that is suppose to occur) and turning a pale yellow colour.

Have any of you had this problem and been able to eliminate them?

I've been looking for ladybugs in the hope I could hire it for the day and then put it back outside when it had hopefully eaten them all.

Ask a Question