Anyone use messenger?

Reaction score
It used to be called Messenger, not sure what they call it now, it is not a fertilizer, it trickes the plant into thinking it is being attacked or sick and it goes into hyperdrive to stimulate growth and hardiness. My cousin uses it on flowers and veg, it is completely non-toxic and safe, you can spray your food and eat it the same day. It is a specific protien that just stimulates growth. Her tomatoes and cucs (which is all she has other than flowers) are amazing! Made mine look shabby.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The plant thinks that it's being attacked? This seems so cruel:p . My roses are already fighting with thrips ( at least I suppose that these little, annoying creatures are thirps:mad: ) so I don't need any other stimulation for them, but it sounds like a pretty good idea - I love when my plants grow fast.

Reaction score
My cousin used it and she did not have any bug damage!! Her plants were beautiful! Big and lush all naturally.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Do you think that I could use it even though my roses are being attacked by the thrips? It seems like a good product so I'd like to give it a try! I'd love to see my roses grow faster, I'd also like them to have more flowers:D .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
worth a try, won't do any harm thats for sure!
Okay, then I'll look for it at the store. Thank you for sharing information about it. One more question - is this Messenger expensive?

Reaction score
I believe it is now called Employ, and looks like it will cost around 30$ for a packet that makes 50 gallons, I think that is pretty good. Works on most ALL plants, bushes trees etc... It is actually just harpin protein.

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
"Harpin Protein.... if a plant “thinks” it is about to be attacked, it can thicken its cell walls and concentrate its defensive reserves…"

Why would you want to even do that to a plant. They are living beings, not "things". I use a rich variety of compost and my plants grow beautifully. A happy healthy plant is what we should aim for.

Ask a Question