Anyone know why my leaves are turning brown?

Reaction score
Country
United States
126FAD59-D898-4FF3-B0DB-E703A8AE3311.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Firstly, from the photo. The pot is too small. Leaf condition tends to suggest, over watering. Now this can probably is due to both. Do I detect some kind of plastic pot liner? I suggest a larger pot, fresh compost, be careful with feeding. Badly affected leaves can be removed.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Make sure that water is not pooling in that plastic-line basket. Water the plant in the sink and let it drain there, or else tip out that basket immediately after watering. Any saucer (or that basket) should be used only to catch drips and condensation.
You certainly can re-pot your Corn-plant (Dracaena fragrans), but you many not have room on your window sill. Also, the plant is already too tall for the window. If you cannot set the plant on the floor or other lower surface, jut persist as is, but do check on the plant regularly. You will want to maintain slightly damp soil conditions with good drainage and air to the roots

Dracaena fragrans, in the Butcher's-broom Family (Ruscaceae; alternatively Nolinoideae of Asparagaceae), is native to tropical Africa.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Being in a North-facing window with frosted glass, I really doubt it’s a heat or high light issue. How long has it been in that window? How do you decide when to water it? How long has it been in that pot? Do you fertilize it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
This was a google nugget:

too much fluorine in your household water, using water that has passed through a water softener (too salty), or too much plant food (dracaena need very little plant food).

Ask a Question