Anyone else?

Reaction score
Anyone else hate mowing their lawn?

The rental we are in has a massive front and back yard- this is great for our kids. Not so great for getting the mowing done quickly. However, at least once we pick up the sticks in the spring that have fallen off the trees during the winter- it is easier to mow!

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I actually like to mow our lawn. o_O

My neighbors were upset with me when I mowed the lawn during my pregnancies. It felt more like thirty minutes of peaceful thinking time to me. I tried to use the weed eater a few times but I just don't have the strength for that.

However, I would not pass up the opportunity to hire lawn service if we were able to afford it. :)

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind mowing but it might be because I would just be happy to have a grassy lawn ;)

Mine is a bunch of little red rocks so we have a bunch of work to get it grassy but I will gladly mow it when it is grass! But that may fade out after the excitement of having grass wears off too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
We have a whole little meadow, surrounded by trees and bushes, so we have to have a riding lawn mower to mow it all. This month, it has just rained and rained, and the lawn has been growing faster than we can keep it mowed. As fast as it dries from the rain, we mow, then more rain comes. I have a little Featherlite weedeater that I use along where I have plants growing, and we have a large weedeater that my husband uses for any other place that can't be mowed, and needs weedeating.
We enjoy have the privacy out here in our little meadow, so it is worth all the yard work that comes along with it, and we have a great landlord, so we are not likely to move again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love the smell of freshly cut grass, it makes me feel alive. And it gives me so much energy!:D
But I avoid mowing. The mower is too heavy for me and I prefer wild-looking lawns anyway, in my opinion they're the prettiest and a little artistic. Also, my small dog is scared of the sound of the mower:(

Reaction score
I tried to be "earth friendly" and buy a manual lawn mower, also known as a hippie mower. It is real hard work, it doesn't cut the grass well. Instead of cutting the grass it lays it down temporarily. My neighbors get a great laugh watching me cut the grass.

image.jpg

Reaction score
I love the smell of freshly cut grass, it makes me feel alive. And it gives me so much energy!

To me, that's part of the reward of a freshly cut lawn.

When I don't feel like cutting the grass, but know I must, I put on some earphones and listen to an interesting audio book to help pass the time. I love Dragnet, so I'll often pull up one of those (old radio shows downloaded from the internet archive).

Reaction score
We live in a rental that we are trying to get the grass to grow. The prior tenant did not have water for a whole year because he did not want to pay the bill. All that is growing is weeds that are thick. I hate mowing because my bag fills up so fast and it takes forever.

Anyone else hate mowing their lawn?

The rental we are in has a massive front and back yard- this is great for our kids. Not so great for getting the mowing done quickly. However, at least once we pick up the sticks in the spring that have fallen off the trees during the winter- it is easier to mow!

Reaction score
I tried to be "earth friendly" and buy a manual lawn mower, also known as a hippie mower. It is real hard work, it doesn't cut the grass well. Instead of cutting the grass it lays it down temporarily. My neighbors get a great laugh watching me cut the grass.

These are officially known as Reel mowers. They can be a pain, but they work great if you have the right lawn. You have to cut more often to keep the grass from getting too thick. You also need to have a rather flat lawn. Any little mounds or dips will cause the reels to dig into the ground. Small twigs can also get caught in the reels.

I had one at one time, but I have trees that drop too many little twigs so it was a pain to have to keep unclogging the reels. Golf course use these to keep the course groomed. They're just much wider and pulled by a tractor.

I think they're worth a try, if you're willing to prep the yard to avoid the little problems. It can be a workout if you let the grass get too thick.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate mowing the lawn, but its not a particularly fun chore though. Still, the results of a finally trimmed yard is worth the time.

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I actually like to mow our lawn. o_O

My neighbors were upset with me when I mowed the lawn during my pregnancies. It felt more like thirty minutes of peaceful thinking time to me. I tried to use the weed eater a few times but I just don't have the strength for that.

However, I would not pass up the opportunity to hire lawn service if we were able to afford it. :)
I like mowing the yard to! I think it's really relaxing.

Reaction score
hate it.when i was younger, i'd be useless the rest of the day after cutting grass 'cause it got me sneezing. and as the youngest son it fell to me and there was never anyone else to pass it on to. it doesn't affect me nearly as bad now, but i still don't like it.

the rest of the yard is the reward for having to deal with the regular part of the yard that has to be cut. i think that's part of why i put so many things in the back yard. i've got it down to a pretty small patch of grass i have to deal with.

Reaction score
I hate mowing, especially because the house next to me is very close and they have two babies and I always feel guilty because I'm afraid of waking up their baby.

Ask a Question