Any tips or recommendations for growing hot peppers?

Reaction score
I've been wanting to start a little pepper garden. I'm thinking of starting with Scotch Bonnet, Trinidad Scorpion, Red Habanero and Cayenne. I'd love to hear if you have suggestions for other types or tips for growing these guys. Thank you :)

Reaction score
You could try with the piquin chillies, my dad grows them and they are so easy to take care off. I love to dry those chillies very well, so I can sprinkle some of that in some of my fav foods. Just amazing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I guess the best tip for growing hot peppers is that they like HOT weather to perform best. They don't like to be dry but slightly moist. When you water them water them thourghly and deeply and then let them dry out to a depth of about 3 inches, depending on the weather, usually a week to 10 days.

Are you going to eat them or start making lethal pepper spray?

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Trellum and Chuck. I'm definitely a beginner here. Piquin chillies are a good idea I hadn't thought of.

and LOL I plan on eating them but you never know when pepper spray can come in handy! ;)

Ask a Question