Any interesting indoor plants under 10 inches

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hello, here is the problem: my AeroGarden hydroponic system is only 10 inches tall (from the seedlings level to the lamp). I tried growing multiple herbs and veggies, they all got taller than the lamp very soon.

I’m looking for ideas, suggestions. Do you know anything good suitable for indoor planting, looking good, or at least smelling good, and the most important - never growing too tall?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You could try a Creeping Thyme. The system may not have intense enough light to keep things as compact as normal. It’s probably designed for short-term seed sprouting rather than long-term growing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Thanks! My initial candidates were African Violets but Creeping Time is also something interesting to consider. My only concern is its creepiness - do you know if it tends to spread wide before actually blooming? I'm afraid I will have to sacrifice the entire kitchen counter for it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if it is really a good idea. My missus has bought thyme and kept in pots on the patio several times and it doesn't take long before it starts to look sad, then I plant it out and it thrives. Seems like it might need room for a good big root system.
Alpines, rockery plants, are often compact, things like alyssum, and make it in niches in the rockery.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, here is the problem: my AeroGarden hydroponic system is only 10 inches tall (from the seedlings level to the lamp). I tried growing multiple herbs and veggies, they all got taller than the lamp very soon.

I’m looking for ideas, suggestions. Do you know anything good suitable for indoor planting, looking good, or at least smelling good, and the most important - never growing too tall?
Hi yes, i can suggest a whale fin, great plants and they purify the airget back to me

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
OK, looks like Johnny Jump Ups are the tallest flowers to fit under AeroGarden Harvest's limits

PXL_20230505_215235595.jpg

Ask a Question