Any dangerous plants for cats?

Reaction score
I have noticed that my cats will eat flowers and leaves of anything I bring into the house and have to lock them away out of their reach.
What plants are the dangerous house hold ones that I need to always avoid?

Reaction score
I know that poinsettias and dracena are poisonous if chewed on. I know there are others but those are the two that come to mind right now. If you type plants poisonous for cats into your search engine, I am sure it will bring up a list for you.

Reaction score
Thank you and I now have a list of them. I will post them for others to beware of. Lillies is one of them, I never knew that!

Reaction score
Kalanchoes are very toxic as well. Cats and dogs aren't supposed to get too close to them. Calla lilies are extremely toxic as well. Hyacinth, Narcissus, Daffodil are also super toxic.

Reaction score
Lilies can kill cats? I had no idea that was true there must be a lot of dead cats in the world.

Yes lilies can kill cats and would just add that by lilies - it means any plant that belongs to the Lily family is highly toxic to cats and includes many of the commonly grown indoor plants - such as

The Peace Lily
Calla or Arum Lilies
Asiatic or Easter Lilies
Amaryllis - even though it is not a true member of the lily family
as well as many more

and although I'm aware that I've already mentioned this many times before on other threads on this topic - as there are so many different plant varieties that can be extremely harmful to cats and as the symptoms of poisoning don't show up instantly and often go undetected for some considerable time before they start to show - so much so - that by the time they do - it is often too late - it is always best to check that any plants you have or are thinking of having either in your house or growing in your garden - will not put your cats at risk or endanger their lives.

Which although this can be very easily done by checking the toxic plant lists for cats online - I am in order to make life easier including a very good reliable link here

https://user.xmission.com/~emailbox/plants.htm

Reaction score
I read somewhere that marijuana is very harmful to cats and even affect their breathing so steer your cats away from this plant.

Reaction score
ALL lillies are extremely poisonous to cats, and I mean usually fatal.
Yes, it's true. I did read that all lillies are toxic. Recently, I've been growing Lilly of the Valley in my front lawn. It's a very beautiful plant and its strongly scented but extremely toxic. They're don't only extremely toxic to cats but harmful to dogs and humans as well. That's why I'm advising to use gloves when handling them... o_O

Reaction score
I know of poinsettias, and deiffenbachia, not sure if I spelled that right, are poisonous to cats. Cats are drawn to the plants, I'm not sure why.

Reaction score
My male cat is crazy! Thus, my avatar. He eats anything. I can not have any plants, flowers, or herbs inside the house because he loves to nibble on everything.

Ask a Question