Any clue what plant/weed this is?

Reaction score
Country
United States
We bought a small plant from Home Depot a few years ago. Now we have this. Any idea what this might be? We love it and want more.

Attachments

• A243B158-8782-466E-85F6-C1F822480A8B.png
    A243B158-8782-466E-85F6-C1F822480A8B.png
    220.2 KB · Views: 127

Twigs

Nature Hobbyist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone8
Country
United States
We call it Baby’s Tears. It does spread very easily! Even if you keep it in a pot separated from everything. Eventually, you will find it somewhere else on your property.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not Soleirolia, the leaves are opposite/perfoliate and Babytears are alternate. How big are the leaves?
Thank you all for the replies. I actually love it. I had a patch of if it that has spread quite a bit this season, even since my last post. The leaves are maybe and inch long x inch wide. They're fairly small.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Golden Moneywort (Lysimachia nummularia 'Aurea'), also known as Creeping Jenny, is popular ground-cover and container plant in the Primrose Family (Primulaceae). It is native to Europe and Anatolia. The leaf color of Golden Moneywort can vary between golden yellow and lime green depending on light and temperature. The typical deep green form is also horticulturally available. Yellow flowers appear in late Spring and Summer.

Ask a Question