Animal friendly ways of getting rid of the weeds from a lawn?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
newspaper.jpg

First mow the lawn on your lowest setting. Knocking down the weeds low. Then put several layers of newspaper -- or cardboard down on your grass, before you put down mulch.

Dampen the newspapers or cardboard. Weeds cannot grow through the newspaper, and the decomposing paper feeds your soil. The mulch gets incorporated into the soil, after the weeds are dead. Mulch enriches the soil. Disclaimer: I have never used newspaper, but I've heard it works very well.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oooooooooh(y)....

Now I understand the idea. Thank you very sir. Highly appreciated information, right there. Keep the ideas coming as you're a very big help. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
You're so welcome. But, I am not a sir. Female here. Common mistake because my first name is usually a boy's name, or a dog. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I actually have no suggestions on how to kill weeds. What we do here with our small lawn is to get someone to pull out the unwanted plants, be it clover or anything. Our frog grass used to be prolific but when other plants came in, particularly the herb called Pansit-pansitan which is like lentils, the frog grass seemingly became shy. So during the rainy season, we remove by hand the unwanted plants.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know of any organic weed killers? I'm not sure if they exist but I overheard some coworkers mentioning it.

Ask a Question