Low Altitude

Low Altitude
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b but houseplants only - apartment
Country
United States
Hi Everyone.

I've grown Anaheim chili from Burpee seeds. They are kept indoors as houseplants on a sunny windowsill.

They've attracted pests including spider mites, but I've used pesticides and haven't seen the mites for months.

This spring, however, the leaves have begun to look like this:

Anaheim chili low altitude.jpg

I'm reasonably confident that it's not overwatering, because (1) the plants are three years old now, my watering routine hasn't changed, and this is the first time this yellowing and crinkling has occurred; (2) the yellowing is blotchy and accompanied by crinkling, whereas yellowing from overwatering tends to be uniform over the whole leaf surface and not accompanied by crinkling; (3) I always only water when I see the first signs of wilt. These are thirsty plants.

What might this be? It's surely inhibiting growth and the plants look sickly.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Peppers, especially the milder and sweet one's have a max lifespan of about 3 years. Having said this, this discoloration is possibly the beginning phase of a micro-nutrient deficiency

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
Peppers, especially the milder and sweet one's have a max lifespan of about 3 years. Having said this, this discoloration is possibly the beginning phase of a micro-nutrient deficiency
Is green sand a good option for peppers? I've just ordered some. Thanks

Ask a Question