DSCI0010 (7).JPG

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Great pictures Zigs thanks for posting them. (y)

One thing we don't suffer much from here in England marlingardener is dust; we enjoy lush greenery due to the climate; given the vastness of the United States I'm pretty sure the whole of England would fit into one of the states; whenever I see movies of the US it's usually clear blue skies with wall to wall sun and lots of dust?

Zigs pictures are typical of England and although the following are lifted from the web they give a good indication of where Bron and I live in the UK; The Yorkshire Dales is a National Park and it's breathtaking in its beauty the year round; in summer the colours are vivid and the scenery magnificent; in winter I wouldn't want to get stranded because it can be extremely bleak indeed. Nearby Derbyshire too has similar scenery and further north The Lake District is stunning. Zigs Southern England is milder than ours further north but still with such wonderful scenery; I complain about the amount of rainfall we receive but it sure makes things grow.

Kind regards, Colin.

Yorkshire Dales 1.JPG
Yorkshire Dales 2..JPG
View attachment 28914
Yorkshire Dales 3.JPG
Yorkshire Dales..JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Colin honey, you've been watching the wrong movies! Even here in Texas we don't have much dust--too many pastures, too many crops. We do get dust from some of the graveled country roads, but that's about it. I can't speak for the southwest (Arizona, Utah, etc) but even when we had no rain for six weeks, we weren't dusty (thirsty maybe, but not dusty!).
I do have to admit, Yorkshire is a LOT greener than Texas! Lovely spot you live in--no wonder you love it!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Many thanks for enlightening me marlingarder. (y) :):)

When Bron and I watch "Dallas"; Knight Rider"; "Baywatch"; "The Dukes of Hazzard" and many more these always seem to be filmed in glorious weather but I do realize the vastness of the US will cover every kind of weather possible. Seattle though looks like a wet place to live in and plenty of snow is filmed in NY?

Above is just a sample of a very long TV series (The longest running sit com in the world) filmed only 6 miles from our home and please notice the difference in clothes; today is cold; overcast and windy but forecast fine; tonight we alter our clocks putting the time back one hour so we are being plunged into an even bigger black hole for many months ahead.

In spite of our climate I do love Yorkshire and never want to live anywhere else; the countryside in Yorkshire is beautiful but the towns leave a lot to be desired; stores boarded up; graffiti everywhere; just a feeling that everything is on the decline and its getting worse.

Fortunately Bron and I have our hobbies so can keep busy during winter but next June is a long way off until the warmer weather arrives again; once I see the daffodils pushing through I know better things are ahead.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question