An Alpine Plant show

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
The Alpine Garden Society organises plant shows in England. The first one this year was in Caerleon, South Wales this Saturday. These are some of the plants on show.
Caerleon 2015 001 Amana edulis.jpg

Amana edulis
Caerleon 2015 016 Iris histrioides var major.jpg
Caerleon 2015 017 Narcissus Dinah Rose.jpg

Narcissus Dinah Rose
Caerleon 2015 032 Colchicum hungaricum.jpg

Colchicum hungaricum
Caerleon 2015 023 Crocus Midas Touch.jpg

Crocus Midas Touch
Caerleon 2015 044Pleione humilis.jpg

Pleione humilis
Farrer medal.jpg

Narcissus asturiensis. This won the Best in Show award.
There were lots of other plants too. Many many Snowdrops.
Pictures if wanted.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I am a Narcissus lover. Maybe it's because it's a sure sign spring is not too far off. The bottom pic may be the winner, but I absolutely love the 'Narcissus Dinah Rose' It has a nice wispy look to it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
They're all so pretty. My favorite is the iris - at my last house, I planted 100s of them in my garden, and they were so pretty, kind of petite and frilly. They really added a lot of interest in my spring garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Your photos are beautiful and such a welcome sight for me. I am so sick of seeing snow and dead trees...lol We don't have a plant show in our area but we do have a huge greenhouse out in the country that features all kinds of plants and flowers. I love going there to photograph them in all seasons :)

Reaction score
Gorgeous =D I loved the plant with the blue little flowers! I loved it! I once went to a tulip exhibition, actually not so long ago! I took some pics, but I still need to upload them. I love that kind of shows :) I had no idea there were so many different tulip varieties.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
All those flowers are absolutely beautiful and I'd like to grow each one of them:D My favorite is Narcissus romieuxii ssp. zaianicus. I think it's the funniest plant I've ever seen:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Those tulips are lovely!
To be honest, I didn't know that Alpine plants are so beautiful. I'd like to grow them all:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Well, just wait until the next Show where I can take pictures. There is one on March 7th, but the lighting in the hall is so weird that no matter how I try I cannot get decent pictures. So if I am allowed to go there is one on March 14th.

Ask a Question