Amaryllis growing yet leaves have turned brown?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased an amaryllis bulb at Home Depot a few weeks ago. The very tip of the bud and some small leaves were already sprouting from the bulb. However, after a while, the leaves turned a dull brown-grey color. I watered it according to what was recommended and tried giving it artificial light when it first started, but nothing has stopped the browning. The plant is still growing though and the flower bud seems healthy. What is wrong? Does this have something to do with dormancy?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased an amaryllis bulb at Home Depot a few weeks ago. The very tip of the bud and some small leaves were already sprouting from the bulb. However, after a while, the leaves turned a dull brown-grey color. I watered it according to what was recommended and tried giving it artificial light when it first started, but nothing has stopped the browning. The plant is still growing though and the flower bud seems healthy. What is wrong? Does this have something to do with dormancy?
I wouldn't give it artificial light, just natural light it could be over watering
It would be good if you could put some pics up please.

Ask a Question