Alocasia Zebrina issue

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hello guys, I recently bought an Alocasia Zebrina and everything was fine so far. However, yesterday its leaves starting pointing down and the whole stems started bending. They have not turned yellow, as it was the case with dying leaves, but they look like they have lost their spirit. I tried looking it up online, and I have to say that two days ago I opened a window that was close to the plant and left it open for several hours. The outside temperature was probably somewhere around 16-ish degrees Celsius. The day after that, the leaves did not look that well, and the following day (today) they were even worse. I checked and it doesn't seem like it needs watering, but I don't really know what to do. Do you have any suggestions? It is one of my favorite plants and I am very worried about it. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• IMG_20211004_111336.jpg
    IMG_20211004_111336.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20211004_111348.jpg
    IMG_20211004_111348.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 24
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome to the Forums.

What a handsome plant. For the most part it looks healthy. The leaves of Alocasia zebrina will always arch over to some extent, but more so in low light. If you can grow it in brighter light the petioles may stay somewhat shorter and more upright. I don't think that open window would do much harm, but do keep it out of cold draughts.

It is becoming time to re-pot it to a larger container. Remember to fertilize regularly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hi Marck, thank you very much for your reply. Thankfully, it looks better today, I just watered it a little, so maybe it just needed some water. Regardless, thank you for your help!

Ask a Question