Alocasia mickey mouse helpp

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I'm new to plant parenting. Got this alocasia mickey mouse few days ago.. and I noticed there are brown spots on edge of the leaves. The seller said that this is normal.. but I noticed the spots are spreading bigger. Also saw white small spider at the base of the plant once after watering. I have attached some photos for reference. Last photo is the youngest leaf which looks OK for now. Appreciate help. Thank you!
PicsArt_08-03-11.44.18.jpg
PicsArt_08-03-11.48.05.jpg
20210803_111227.jpg
20210803_111308.jpg
20210803_104536.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Looks like you have a gnat problem :( maybe some neem oil spray will help

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are brown aphids on the plant. You can probably clean the up by wiping them off and spraying with an insecticidal soap.

Brown leaf edges can have a number of causes, most of them due to care practices. The old leaves grew in a different environment and probably can't fully readjust to your environment. When the plant puts out new leaves, they may be more finely adapted to your growing conditions. However, keeping leaves with extensive white variegation looking perfect is particularly difficult. Best care is to give the plant bright indirect light and regular watering with good drainage. fertilize occasionally.

Ask a Question