Alocasia ID Confusion!

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I have two mystery alocasias that I thought I knew the ID but apparently I am wrong... The seller claimed that the first picture is sanderiana and the second is amazonica but I doubt it after finding out that some features were missing on each said IDs. Please help me!

So the first plant has a lighter green foliage with thinner and fewer primary veins and curved tips on the top. It also has a closer "V" or opening on the split on the top of its leaves...
IMG_20201210_185534.jpg

... while the second plant has a much more darker green foliage with highlighted and much more veins compared to the one at the top and it has pointed tips and does have a wider opening on the split at the top.
IMG_20201210_185553.jpg

The third picture shows them in comparison to each other. They both have violet coloration under the leaves, both have the same thickness of leaves, both have somewhat brownish-violet to green stem and both are also considered mature plants and approximately of the same height.
IMG_20201210_185608.jpg

I would really appreciate it if someone can hive me the exact IDs. Thank you!

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Thank you for welcoming me

I've searched it but I think its different but still I've got to say thank you because when I searched it I found its IDs.

So apparently, the first one is Alocasia pseudosanderiana and the second on is Alocasia sanderiana... Thank you very much!

Ask a Question