Alocasia help needed

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and I need help! We have this Alocasia (once our best doing plant) that was looking very sad since a few weeks. We expected root rot and after taking the plant out of the pot it had just two roots left (all the other roots had broken off). One of the remaining roots is also a little soggy...
Sad
Is this root rot? It doesn't smell very bad or anything? Anyhow can we still save this plant and if so, how?

Can we put the stem in a vase with water (that way we can see if the roots are regrowing/ healthy) or should we replant the plant in new soil?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    262.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    343.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0344.JPG
    IMG_0344.JPG
    350.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0345.JPG
    IMG_0345.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 122
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes use distilled or filtered water to re-root. After the a few roots appear plant it in soil.

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
We decided to repot the plant in a much airy soil with lots of perlite. Then we saw your response and took it out to put it in water, but to our surprise some new roots were already forming, so we put it back in the pot. Now keeping our fingers crossed this one will make it :)

We will keep you updated if you want :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you, I'm so glad to hear you have roots now, my fingers crossed too.

Ask a Question