Almost full!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
us
Well the garden is almost full. Waiting on a few plants I ordered from Burpee, first time trying that and already I think I'll skip it next year. Local nursery is SO much cheaper and I could have starts a good 6 weeks ahead of Burpee. That or do seeds.

Due to my inability to follow a plan, my garden is going to be a little more crowded than I planned. I have 6 tomato, 9 peppers, two cucumber, two squash, one pumpkin, one watermelon, two green bean, a whole mess of carrots and onions (this is where my planning really went South!), And about 10 lettuce (Romain and buttercrisp). Plus four varieties of potato (aderondack blue, Yukon gold, Beauregard sweet and Bonita sweet).

How is your summer crop coming along and what are you growing this year?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
ca
Pictures would be nice.

I finished my gross rototilling today. It will be awhile before anything can be planted, since it is still cold. However I do see a few buds trying to grow.

I go to the local green houses and buy various small plants and place them in a separate cup to get large before planting out. They are kept in my small heated green house until planting time. Sometimes I grow from seed but often more economical to buy.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
us
I have spinach, arugula,peas,d.radish,romaine, and mixed lettuce in garden now. have 100 various seeds going in basement getting ready for planting in may

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
us
Slightly better picture. My problem is in the carrots and onions. I had planned for around 2.5ft (12.5sqft) for the two combined and I'm around 5ft now (25sq). Next time I'm using string guides to plot things out and makes sure I don't get carried away!
IMG_20190409_182731464.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
us
A few shots of the potato bags. Aderondack, Yukon and Beauregard. Bonita's going in this weekend I hope.
IMG_20190410_074510483.jpg
IMG_20190410_074516425.jpg
IMG_20190410_074521197.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
us
Ok, I'm done. Might have gone overboard on the peppers and tomatoes. The plan is to pick out favorites and cut the number of plants in half..ish next year. 4 tomato's and 6 peppers would be my goal. Stands at 6 and 14 right now.

TOMATO
Sun gold
Brandy boy
Early girl
Mortgage lifter
Sugar rush
Amelia ??

PEPPERS
Sweet banana 3
Great stuff sweet
Good as gold Italian
Golden giant