Alderley edge

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We had a day off today, so thought it would be nice to make the most of the gorgeous sunshine! There is a place near us called Alderley Edge - a small town next to a large piece of National Trust land. The town itself is very posh (it's where a lot of footballers & celebs live), but the real attraction is The Edge.

The Edge is a big ridge of sandstone with fantastic views across the country side. It is quite craggy and there used to be several copper mines around there (some of them open seam mines). People also used to believe that a Wizard lived in the caves... o_O

Anyhoo here are some photos from our stroll:

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 5.JPG

The middle photo is one of the old mines. To top it off there was an ice-cream van in the car park so we had a cone whilst walking around! :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one Becky:)

Good to get out after that awful winter.

Reaction score
Very beautiful Becky! I love the land and historical pieces. I'd love to get out the states and travel more when my children are a little older. Alderley Edge is going on my bucket list. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's such a beautiful place, thank you for sharing these pictures with us. My favorite is the middle one - it looks so mysterious. If a Wizard lived there, it would be so scary - and interesting at the same time:D

Ask a Question