Aglaonema (Chinese Evergreen)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have several varieties of Chinese Evergreen, I started collecting them a year ago because they're beautiful and most of all because I read that they were easy to care for, and good for low light environments
I'm still not sure how much water to give them or how often to water them, They are still alive but seems no matter what I do the plants respond with yellowing of the leaves...does anyone have these plants?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Might need a few more details here, but the answer is usually over-watering. How much water do you give them and how often? What are the conditions like where the plants are located?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I don't really follow a watering schedule, but I check my plants every weekend!
For a while I followed the instructions on the tag, it said to "water until the water comes through the bottom and then let the first couple of inches of soil dry out before watering again" but that seemed to cause roots rot, so I started giving less water! Now I still wait until the top dry out, but when I water, I no longer water until the water comes through the bottom

I keep most my C.E. on a shelf in medium to low light, and I have 3 in a bathroom that has 2 octagon windows
Temps in the winter is around 70F and in the summer is in the 80sF
The soil of the ones I re potted is that potting mixture for fast drainage you buy in the store, a couple of them still have the same soil cause they didn't need repotting

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I Have an Aglaonema Chinese evergreen it isn't root bound, it's a ceramic pot with drainage, I water it every 14 days and it's away from direct son but it's still getting yellow leaves. I'm afraid the rate it's going it's only going to have a stem left. Please help

Attachments

• tmp_1395-20170518_171059705838019.jpg
    tmp_1395-20170518_171059705838019.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 326
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Some leaves will go yellow over time that’s normal but if it’s more then one or happens frequently then there’s a problem like overwatering

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have several varieties of Chinese Evergreen, I started collecting them a year ago because they're beautiful and most of all because I read that they were easy to care for, and good for low light environments
I'm still not sure how much water to give them or how often to water them, They are still alive but seems no matter what I do the plants respond with yellowing of the leaves...does anyone have these plants?
Yes I have aglaonemas but I have only had one bad leaf or two but you could be overwatering your plant!!!

Ask a Question