African violet rehab

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello! i am not the most experienced plant-carer, and i am currently trying to nurse back an african violet from a bout of fungus. the plant was healthy and happy for a long time, but i left it in the care of my mother for a couple of months and came back to a sad lil pot. i have purged the fungus by aggressive application of copper based fungicide and manually cleaning the leaves off. what ive been left with is a plant with a number of limp leaves that i pruned off. the remaining young leaves are splotched with vaguely yellowish/pale green spots along the edges. i make sure no water gets on them while i water the plant. a couple of the leaves have these yellowish spots AND a sort of very dark green/black edge that is thin, limp, and dead-feeling compared to the firm rest of the leaf.

id love to know if anyone has any suggestions for a recovery regiment. for info:

i water somewhat frequently but i have fast draining soil and my room is VERY dry due to an overzealous radiator. i make sure the water never gets in the leaves

my violet is on the windowsill, but i have south-facing windows facing another apartment building, so i dont get day-long direct sunlight.

i did open the window next to the violet a few times when the radiator was absolutely baking, before i read that drafts could be bad for the plant.

i dont use any feed or fertilizers other than what was in the new soil when i repotted it half a year ago.

the plant is very small, only 10 lil half-dollar or smaller leaves.

thank you in advance!

Ask a Question