AeroGarden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I hadn't heard of it before, but it definitely sounds interesting. The price though would be off-putting for me too. I haven't yet ventured into the world of indoor gardening, but I do like that this sort of device means that you don't need much space and it's pretty much guaranteeing good results. I'll be following along with this thread to see if anyone else has any tips or suggestions about products out there!

Reaction score
Water Valley, Alberta Canada gardening zone 2b
I've been using aerogardens for about 5 years. They are great, but yes pricey.
We used to have the compact florescent but now use the LED version.

The only drawback is that they work so well you let the plants keep getting bigger then the roots eventually plug the water pump.
We use it year round as a starter setup for seeds then move the plants into the greenhouse or grow tent.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been wanting to get myself an Aerogarden for some time. There are more plants I want to grow and need more light than I get right now.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been using aerogardens for about 5 years. They are great, but yes pricey.
We used to have the compact florescent but now use the LED version.

The only drawback is that they work so well you let the plants keep getting bigger then the roots eventually plug the water pump.
We use it year round as a starter setup for seeds then move the plants into the greenhouse or grow tent.
Oh thanks. This is good information. Other then the initial cost of the system are their any other hidden costs or accessories you need to buy for it?
Do you think that herbs would also need to be replanted?

Reaction score
Water Valley, Alberta Canada gardening zone 2b
There are other accessories like seed trays, but it really depends on how you want to use the aerogarden.
Discounts are constantly being offered, so there's no need to rush into getting everything at once. See how you like it first.
If your indoor climate can sustain growing herbs in separate pots, I would move them so they can grow to their full size. We use basil quite a bit so we would just cut the leaves off as we needed them for recipes. Once the plant would get too big, we would start over growing new plants from seeds. Our house interior is quite dry.

Ask a Question