Aero Garden Help!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently bought a areogarden with genovese basil, mint, Thai basil, cilantro, curly parsley, and dill.
The curly parsley has never grown much, just stoped growing after 1" growth, everything else was doing fine, but then the water sensor didn't work and the garden dried, I caught it, but everything was dropping, after filling it back up with water and waited, the basil died, but sprouted as a new plant, but the problem is the new crop has white mold on it and the old crop did to, and the mold has spread to all other plants, mainly impacting the mint and dill. I have been spraying the garden with a water soap and baking soda solution, but I can't tell if it's working.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum! :)

White mould on the soil? If so it's a sign of too much water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I got an AeroGarden for Christmas with the same plants. The parsley in mine didn't grow, either. Make sure you don't take the cardboard covering off your holders. It prevents the mold from growing. I eventually had to pot my dill and basil because they got too large to live in the garden. There is also a water filter in your garden that needs to be either cleaned or replaced ( see the parts catalog that came with it.) I usually just soak it in a weak bleach solution and put it back.

Ask a Question