Adding Fall Colors To The Garden

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Now that the weather is changing it is time to put fall colors into the yard. This is a very colorful idea.

b4d6b5bccb70c8f9bb345d16e844b34e.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I've actually seen these planted in my local area (I'm assuming by the local council, since they're at parks and public greenery places) as decoration in the cooler months - I love them! The purple is so striking when it's dreary and cold out, I think it's one of those things that is a bit of an automatic "cheer up!"

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
Those are some good looking plants, indeed, they definitely will look wherever you place them on, that's for sure. I was kinda thinking on buying some of that, but they're quite hard to find in my city.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10-B
Country
United States
They call those "cabbage plants" where I live. You can find them at gardening stores sometimes. I like a nice pot of mums, especially in mixed colors like orange, yellow, and purple. These are usually pretty easy to find around this time of year, and their blooms are spectacular. They can also make a nice indoor decoration, especially now that the holidays are coming up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
They call those "cabbage plants" where I live. You can find them at gardening stores sometimes. I like a nice pot of mums, especially in mixed colors like orange, yellow, and purple. These are usually pretty easy to find around this time of year, and their blooms are spectacular. They can also make a nice indoor decoration, especially now that the holidays are coming up.

I always call them by that name too, but I never knew if they had a technical name or not!! They just look so much like cabbage that the name ended up sticking for me and my husband!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These plants are really pretty and unique! They look a little whimsical, I love it. I want to grow them too:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10-B
Country
United States
Ornamental kale? Hmm, could be! Now they're starting to look delicious! Are these plants edible? I know they're much to pretty to be on the dinner table right now, but maybe about Thanksgiving, when they're at the end of the season... maybe setting a big, golden turkey on a bed of leaves....hmm... just a thought.

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
That looks amazing, it looks so beautiful I wish I could have something like that in my garden but I just don't have the time and when I manage to get the time then I'm not careful enough, I guess I just don't have a green thumb after all.

Ask a Question