Adding a sunspace/greenhouse to the house

Reaction score
Although it's not in our budget right now, my husband wants to someday add a sunspace on the south wall of our house. There's no trees that shade the area, so it would be about perfect and could probably supply quite a bit of our winter heat, along with adding an area to grow plants. His parents have a similar room on their house, although it's not in quite as much of an ideal location as ours would be.

Even though we've got some books on the subject and his dad did quite a bit of research on it as well, I'm curious if anyone on here has any experience adding a sunspace/greenhouse room onto an existing house, what some of the challenges were, as well as the overall cost of the project if you don't mind sharing. Many thanks.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't have a sunroom for plants but I plant to add one also to my house when I get a house. I look at houses with that in mind, it has to be facing the sun to take the best of the growing period. Please continue to post about your journey, I am looking forward to start my journey adding a atrium type room for my plants.

Ask a Question